Reading time: 2 minutes
Eli Bendersky’s Blog (eli.thegreenplace.net) Where Did All the Time Go? by Bob Nystrom (stuffwithstuff.com) Embedded in Academia by John Regehr (regehr.org) Hillel Wayne’s Blog (hillelwayne.com) Tiny Projects by Ben Stokes (tinyprojects.dev) Coding Horror by Jeff Atwood (codinghorror.com) Joel on Software by Joel Spolsky(joelonsoftware.com) Dan Luu’s Blog (danluu.com) Paranoid Coding by Jared Par (paranoidcoding.com) Phil Eaton’s Blog (eatonphil.com) Ben Hoyt’s Blog (benhoyt.com) Daniel Lemire’s Blog (lemire.me) John D. Cook’s Blog (johndcook.com) Amy Ko’s Blog (faculty.washington.edu/ajko) The Morning Paper by Adrian Colyer (acolyer.org) PL Perspectives by ACM SIGPLAN (blog.sigplan.org) Fabulous Adventures in Coding by Eric Lippert (ericlippert.com) Tristan Hume’s Blog (thume.ca) Ruslan Spivak’s Blog (ruslanspivak.com) Austin Henley’s Blog (austinhenley.com) Stephen Marz’s Blog (stephenmarz.com)
I’m dedicated to checking my favorite blogs every few days (and always looking for more), so I was surprised when a group of friends said they don’t know of a single blog worth reading!
This list is so that I can easily share my favorite blogs to colleagues and students. These blogs cover programming, software engineering, startups, product design, usability, research, game development, and academia. They are in no particular order, but I provide a few categories for each and an example post that I recommend.
- parsing, Go, cpython, programming
- Ex: Python internals: adding a new statement to Python
- compilers, game development, programming
- Ex: Rooms and Mazes: A Procedural Dungeon Generator
- compilers, C, academia
- Ex: The Little C Function From Hell
- formal methods, programming languages, programming
- Ex: Why do interviewers ask linked list questions?
- entrepreneurship, products
- Ex: Selling Tiny Internet Projects For Fun and Profit
- software engineering, products, technology
- Ex: The PHP Singularity
- software engineering, products, startups
- Ex: The Law of Leaky Abstractions
- systems, programming
- Ex: What’s new in CPUs since the 80s?
- compilers, C#, programming
- Ex: The File System is Unpredictable
- compilers, databases, programming
- Ex: Writing a SQL database from scratch in Go: 1. SELECT, INSERT, CREATE and a REPL
- compilers, Go, programming
- Ex: How to implement a hash table (in C)
- data structures, programming
- Ex: Xor Filters: Faster and Smaller Than Bloom Filters
- math, programming
- Ex: Test for divisibility by 13
- HCI, computing education, academia
- Ex: Block-based what? Differentiating programming languages, environments, and editors
- systems, research, academia
- Ex: The paradigms of programming
- programming languages, research
- Ex: What’s the Role of Developer Experience in Programming Languages Research?
- programming, compilers, C#
- Ex: Hundred year mistakes
- Ex: Shenanigans With Hash Tables
- programming, compilers
- Ex: Let’s Build A Web Server. Part 1.
- HCI, developer tools, programming, game development, academia
- Ex: Navigate your code like it’s 2021
- operating systems, RISC-V, Rust, assembly
- Ex: Writing Pong in Rust for my OS Written in Rust
Austin Z. Henley (austinhenley.com)
Photo by fauxels on Pexels
bingo plus live online bingoApril 8, 2023
Thhis is my personal favorite bingo рlus game